Metal Carport Cost – Metal carports are an excellent way of protecting and sheltering your vehicles from harsh weather conditions. They are available in a variety of styles and sizes to accommodate different types of vehicles.
Benefits of Metal CarportsHere are some benefits associated with the purchase and use of metal carports:
- Durability – Metal carports stand strong in harsh weather conditions and are not prone to cracks or twists when the weather takes on a bad turn. Also, these carports are credibly durable as they are corrosion and fire resistant and will stay free of termite infestations.
- Ease of Assembly – Metal carports are easy to assemble and disassemble so in times of property movement or moving into a new home, metal carports can be dismantled and assembled with relative ease.
- Versatility – Metal carports, because of their open design structure, can be used for many different purposes such as a workshop, a picnic area and even a storage place.
- Protection from Harmful Elements – Elements such as hail, snow, heavy showers of rain and dust can severely damage vehicles and metal carports provide a good layer of protection to all kinds of vehicles from nature’s destructive forces.
Considerations before Buying a Metal CarportBefore selecting a metal carport, you need to first look into a comparison of certain characteristics associated with the type of materials used in the construction of metal carports:
- Aluminum – Aluminum is a material that is lightweight in nature, yet is very sturdy and capable of holding an immense amount of weight. Aluminum structures generally come with a lifetime warranty indicating the sign of a material that is exceptional in quality. A paint coating on aluminum structures will usually come with a warranty of 10 years.
- Steel – Poles made of steel are very sturdy and great for holding a carport in place when weather conditions become extreme. Since steel is a material that tends to get rusted, it is a sensible idea to put a nice coating of paint or a good protectant onto it. Steel carport kits come with a warranty of 20 years.
- AlumaWood Structures – Alumawood is derived from aluminum and is made to appear like wood. They contain the characteristics associated with aluminum, but have a bit fit in some metal structures. They are available in a variety of colors and contain a paint warranty of ten years. Alumawood kits generally contain a warranty of a 10 year period.
Average Metal Carport CostActual metal carport cost will depend on a variety of factors including installation, materials used, design structure and location. Based on average costs:
- A metal prefab carport will start from a price range of $750 for designs of single vehicles and can go up to $7,500 or above for designs of double or over-sized vehicles.
- Steel or aluminum Metal Carport Cost between a range of $700 and $5,000.