Wood Carport Cost – Wood carports are structures that are most commonly found in homes. A wooden carport is an outdoor structure that consists of a sheltering roof and open sides. It is a convenient option for storage spaces for recreational vehicles, cars, trucks or boats.
Natural elements and environmental factors can damage and harm vehicles and wood carports are an economical solution to provide them with the needed shelter and protection.
Benefits of a Wood Carport
Mentioned below are some of the advantages and benefits you’ll receive upon having a wood carport installed for your vehicles:
- Ease of Construction -In comparison with metal carports, carports made of wood are much easier to construct. This ease of construction arises because wood is associated with a nature of being lightweight which is why it is so easy to work with.
- Flexibility of Design and Assembly – Wood is a material that is much softer than metal and so it can much easily and quickly be shaped, cut and joint. Because of its characteristic of easily being assembled, wooden carports are much more affordable as compared to metal carports. In addition to this, wood is associated with being lightweight and soft in nature and when it comes to the design and structure of your carport, wood is a material that is extremely flexible to work with.
- Aesthetic Appeal – Wooden structures are classic and timeless and wood carports add a natural and earthy appeal to the outdoors of your residence, enhancing its ambiance. Wooden carports are elegant and perfect to grace the entrance of any home.
A wooden carport that is built with the support of mortar and bricks topped off with a roof that is elegantly designed can make for the enhancement of your outdoors and a sight that is visually appealing.
- Hassle Free Repair and Maintenance – At some point or the other, your carport will have to be repaired to keep it well maintained. Another great advantage of wood carports is that repairs can very easily be performed without the inconvenience of hassles. This benefit is owed again to the characteristics of wood being lightweight and soft.
Average Wood Carport Cost
Actual wood carport cost will be dependent on certain factors such as the additional materials used, the design and size of the carport and whether the structure is attached to your house or built as a separate structure altogether. Average cost estimates of wood carports are mentioned below:
- Permanently constructed wood carports that are attached to a house may be priced between $2,600 and $6,000 or more. This is inclusive of the labor of professional contractors and materials used during the installation process. Professional contractors may work for around $65 to $80 on a per hour basis.
If a permanent wood carport is to be built and constructed by professional contractors, they should construct the carport based on the specifications of the homeowner. The contractors should also include a roof, a concrete slab foundation with the additions of any needed plumbing, electrical fixtures and paint. A cost comparison of different professional contractors and the expertise and skill they possess can give you a good idea as to which service provider will be best for having a wood carport installed for your vehicles.
Find Local Carport Contractors Who Will Compete for Your Business