Gutter Cleaning Cost – Cleaning gutters ensures that yards don’t get flooded and roof foundations don’t get damaged. Gutters should be cleaned on a regular basis and should be a part of home maintenance. Depending upon the climate and the number of trees around houses, gutters must be cleaned either biannually, or on an annual basis.
Types of Gutters
- Vinyl Gutters – These gutters are cheap and lightweight. They are available in a broad range of colors and are easy to install. They don’t last for very long and are prone to leaks in between the sections.
- Steel Gutters – These gutters cost more and are more durable and stronger in comparison with aluminum gutters. Stainless steel gutters are more highly priced, but don’t get rusted and can take on years of heavy rains.
- Aluminum Gutters – They are cheap, easy to install, corrosion resistant and lightweight, but they can easily bend without a heavier gauge.
- Wood Gutters – These gutters are cheaper than steel and copper gutters, but require lots of maintenance in order for them to be water resistant; therefore, they are not good for the long run.
- Copper Gutters – These gutters are extremely expensive but are durable. They are beautifully and elegantly designed and if treated regularly with sealer, these gutters can maintain their look for years.
Factors Impacting the Cost of Cleaning Gutters
Gutter cleaning costs are dependent on some factors that are mentioned below:
- Size of the Gutter – Gutter cleaning costs can depend upon the square footage of homes or the linear feet amount of each gutter. Gutter cleaning costs will be priced higher for larger homes.
- Gutter Covers and Guards – Gutter covers may be even more expensive than gutters. They are designed for the purpose of keeping debris, twigs and leaves out of the gutters. They can be placed over existing gutters, or may be installed in the form of new gutter and cover units. For average homes, gutter covers can be installed for $1,000 to $2,000.
- Height of the House – The costs of cleaning gutters will be the lowest for single story houses, and with each story added to houses, the costs will increase. In houses with more than two stories, taller stories can be charged with higher rates as opposed to the lower ones. This is because taller stories require special equipment, and also increase the level of risk. Two story houses can cost $175 to $300 on an average. Three story buildings can cost $300 to $450.
- The Condition of the Gutter – The costs of cleaning gutters will be priced higher for gutters that haven’t been cleaned in some time. Costs can also increase if the gutters consist of a lot of debris, as this can take longer and professionals may charge for extra time.
- Downspout Installation – Downspouts ensure that water pours out all the way into yards and cleaning them can enhance the cost of gutter cleaning, mainly due to the fact that they take up extra time. When gutters are serviced because of downspouts don’t drain, the costs can add $50 to $150 to the job price depending on how long it takes to clean them.
- Gutter Extras – Gutter cleaning professionals may inspect and reseal outlets and end caps, and tighten fasteners. This can lead to increased costs and if gutter covers are installed, though they are good for the long run, professionals can charge more money for cleaning gutters with covers. Handling problems related to water overflowing from gutters and their joints can cost from $120 and can go up till $232.
- Installation Discounts – Discounts can be availed at times when repeat services are signed, or when professionals are contacted during their off season.
Gutter Cleaning Cost
Gutter cleaning costs according to house height is mentioned in the following table.
|Single storey house – 1,500 square feet||$65 to $225
|Two storey house – 2,500 square feet (around 200 linear feet of gutters)||$175 to $300|
The average hourly cost of cleaning gutters is around $65 per hour. On a low end gutter estimate, smaller two story houses and single story houses can cost around $100. On a higher end gutter cleaning estimate, three story houses or larger two story houses can cost around $450.
It’s best to leave the job of gutter cleaning to licensed professionals who are experienced and well trained in what they do. The prices mentioned in this article are estimates and may vary in accordance with different factors mentioned above.